Designing a kitchen means deciding on everything from tiles to appliances. However, one of the most important parts of every kitchen is the sink. It is not just a utility item in every kitchen, but one of the most focal points of the cooking space as well. Kitchen sinks are available in various styles, and every style has its own set of pros and cons. This is why choosing the right style is essential.
While some of these styles are specifically designed for maximum ease, others offer aesthetics to make your kitchen look plush. You must consider all of the styles available in the market and match them to your list of requirements to find the best one for yourself. To help you in your quest of finding the right sink we have listed the top 5 kitchen sink Dubai styles with their pros and cons to assist you in making an informed decision.
Top-mount or Drop-in Sink
This is one of the most common kitchen sinks available in the market. If you are looking for a classic sink that is easier to install, a top-mount kitchen sink will be the perfect choice for you.
- Easier to install
- You can create the sink cut out by yourself
- A cost-effective solution for your kitchen
- The rim of the sink prevents the debris from falling into the sink, and dirt gets collected on the rim itself.
- The rim is an additional part that requires daily cleaning.
- The separate look of the sink and rim may not be preferred by house owners.
Double Bowl Sink
Double bowl sinks are another popular design preferred by many homeowners. This style includes two sink bowls and each can be used for a different purpose. If you want to wash dishes in an organized manner, a double bowl kitchen sink will be ideal for you.
- These sinks are highly flexible and can be used for a range of purposes.
- It will allow you to wash dishes more efficiently.
- Both bowls might be too small to wash bigger pots and pans.
- The appearance is not preferred by some homeowners.
- They affect the overall aesthetics of a contemporary kitchen.
Apron sinks are big single bowl sinks that have a single wall in the front. This kitchen sink has a common wall that is both the wall of the counter and the front of the sink. They are often fixed against the wall and are not surrounded by any other obstructions.
- They are big in size making it easier for you to wash bigger pans and bowls.
- Many homeowners love the clean installation and look of this sink.
- Since the barrier is low, these sinks can cause the excess water to drip outside.
- Installing them is a big task, hence these sinks are more expensive than others.
Island sinks are smaller than regular sinks and will serve perfectly as a second sink. This type of kitchen sink is usually under 16 inches in diameter and is often used as a bar or prep sink.
- You can install it as a second sink far away from your countertop for prepping your veggies.
- If you entertain a lot, then these types of sinks will allow several people to prep at the same time.
- These may not end up getting used as much as you think.
- This type of kitchen sink is a luxury item and you will need an additional budget to install them.
This type of kitchen sink is unconventional and only preferred by a small number of homeowners. This style also has two sinks that are located at a right angle to each other.
- This is perfect if you want to use your kitchen space efficiently.
- Some of these sinks have a drying area to keep your wash utensils.
- Since most people prefer traditional sinks, these are not easy to find.
- Installing these sinks is expensive.
- You will need a custom cut in your counters which can make the installation process lengthy.
A kitchen sink Dubai is an important part of every kitchen, and you must choose the perfect style in terms of utility and aesthetics. These are the most popular solutions available in the market. The list of pros and cons will help you make an informed decision. If you are looking for a trusted supplier to help you with your kitchen sink, TAPS & MORE will be the right option for you. We offer a variety of solutions to choose from and help you find the right sink for your kitchen. Browse our collection from our website or get in touch with our team at +9714 3207300.